This lesson covers using the Class Labels, Class Enrollment History, Lunch Count, and Field Trip options within Teacher Connect.
Where to Start
From the Roster tab of Teacher Connect, choose one of the following options, and learn more below:
- 5160 Label
- Class Enrollment History
- Lunch Counts
- Field Trips
Select the desired label format, then select Generate. Labels generate in Microsoft Word® and, if desired, can be further formatted within Word®. When Combined Rosters are displayed, the labels include students from all displayed rosters.
Class Enrollment History
For each student in the class, the report lists the Enter Date and, if applicable, the Drop Date and Transferred date. Select Send to Printer to print the report.
- The Calendar defaults to the current Date.
- Enter the Student Count and Staff Count for each lunch type listed.
- Add any required Notes.
- Select Save to save the lunch count.
If enabled in your school, Roster Codes can be used to record lunch selections by student, instead of Lunch Counts. For each student, click the Roster Code button until the desired lunch option is displayed. If a Roster Code has been set up for lunches brought from home, select the applicable code; otherwise, leave the Roster Code on the default Prepared. After all lunch selections have been recorded, click Save.
The Lunch Counts button appears only for classes in periods designated as a Lunch Count period.
- The Field Trips that have been assigned to the teacher in the current school year appear in a list. Select the Expand icon to the desired Field Trip to view students assigned to the trip.
- All students assigned to the field trip are checked as Present by default. To record the field trip
attendance, uncheck Present for any absent students.
- To remove some (or all) students from the field trip, check the applicable students’ Drop checkbox (or the header checkbox for all students), then select the Drop button. Once dropped, students no
longer appear on the Field Trip list.
- Select Save after making any changes.