This lesson provides an overview of the Seating Chart view within Teacher Connect.
Where to Start
- Go to Staff.
- Select Staff Schedule View.
- Right click on a Course and choose TC Class Roster to launch Teacher Connect.
Seating Chart View
- Toggle to the Seating Chart view.
- Users can take Attendance from the seating chart and adjust Potential Minutes for individuals or the entire class (Minute Block periods only).
- Student Shortcuts are available on the Seating Chart.
- View various Student Indicators - Guardian alerts , medical conditions and allergies , LEP , 504 , IEP and RTI , each permissions based.
- The Seating Chart view defaults to a grid of 6 columns, and as many rows as needed to display
the students in the class (default minimum is 3 rows). Use the Settings to adjust the number of
rows and columns. To adjust the students’ placement on the seating chart, drag a student’s card to another cell in the grid. If the cell already contains another student’s card, the students will swap places.
- Select PDF or Print to export/ print the seating chart.
- Select Save after any Seating Chart changes are made. This also saves the attendance.
The Seating Chart can display up to 8 columns max. There is no limit on the available rows.