This lesson provides users with a walk through of how to interact with the Attendance View within Teacher Connect. This includes filtering students, changing attendance statuses, and mass updating attendance statuses.
Where to Start
When logging in through the main interface:
- Go to Staff.
- Select Staff Schedule Views.
- Select the Teacher Connect icon to the left of the desired Course Number to launch the the Teacher Connect Roster for that course.
- The Attendance view defaults to the current date, with the date and the Day Code (in parentheses) displayed on the Calendar tool.
- A Time Stamp indicates whether/when attendance information was saved. Hover over the Time Stamp to display the date and exact time that attendance was last updated.
- Dropped students are listed on the Current Students view for five (5) days after the drop, and are indicated by the superscripted red D after their name. Dropped students display grey N/A status for Attendance.
- A student who was absent for another period on that day will display a red Absent icon, while a student who is absent for the day will display a blue Absent icon . Additional attendance details (in italic) and Note or Verified icons are based on the data entered in the Attendance Status Details window or through the Attendance module.
- A student whose Attendance status has been updated by an Attendance Super User displays a grey Lock icon at the right end of their Attendance field. If the student’s Attendance status has been set by an Attendance Event, a white Calendar icon will also display in their Attendance field. Hover over the Calendar icon to view the Event details.
If the Attendance Event starts or ends during that period, the student’s Attendance status will
be UNlocked and their arrival/departure time will NOT be specified. The teacher will have to
enter the student’s actual class arrival/departure time before the Attendance can be saved.
- The Attendance status defaults to Present for all students, except students who are partially scheduled or whose Attendance status has been set through the Attendance module.
- To mark a student as Tardy , Absent , or Non-Attendance , select Present repeatedly to cycle the status from Present to Tardy to Absent to Non-Attendance (then back to Present again).
- A partially scheduled student displays a grey No Class status on days not scheduled.
- To edit the Tardy time, enter a Dismissed status, or enter other attendance details, hover over the status and select the Attendance Status Details icon . The Attendance Status Details window allows users to enter relevant information regarding the selected student’s attendance status. Depending upon the space available, the Attendance Status Details window may open to the left or right of the Attendance column (default is to the right).
- Users MUST select Save to save Attendance, even if all students are Present. After Attendance is saved, the Time Stamp automatically updates to reflect the date/time that the attendance was recorded.
Mass Update Attendance Status
- Users can also update Attendance for the entire class. Hover over the Status column header to display the Menu icon , then select the Menu icon to open the Global Attendance Status Details window.
- Select the Present, Absent, Tardy/Dismissed, or Non-Attendance headers to change the attendance status for all students in the selected class.
- Select Apply All to update the Status for all Students.
Students with locked Attendance (from an Attendance Event or an entry by a Super User) will not be affected by Global Attendance changes.