In eSchoolData, students are assigned Attendance Events to handle various attendance scenarios, such as long-term absences, field trips, and students leaving school midday to return before the end of the day (check-outs and check-ins). If a student is assigned an Attendance Event, the Reason assigned to the Attendance Event will drive the student’s Attendance Status (Absent or Tardy, Excused or Unexcused) for the Bell-Time Period(s) and/or Day(s) included in the event. However, only Full Day Attendance Events will affect the student’s Attendance Status for Minute Block Periods, since Minute Block Periods are treated as periods outside the school day.
Required Permissions: Menu Level: Student and Multi Tab Controls - Module Level: Attendance - Override Event and Special Permissions - Superuser
Where to Start
- Go to Student.
- Select Attendance.
- Attendance Profiles opens by default.
- Use the filters on the Attendance Profile and click Search to search for the student.
- Select the student’s ID to access their Attendance Report.
Editing/Deleting Individual Attendance Events
From the Attendance Report:
- Using the calendar icon, select the date on which the event takes place.
- Select Search.
- Select the Delete icon to the left of the Event to delete it.
- Users can also click the Edit icon to adjust the Attendance Event Time and/or Reason as needed, then select Save to save the changes.
When an Attendance Event is deleted, the student’s Daily and/or Period Attendance assigned by the Attendance Event is removed. Their Attendance Status returns to the default P (non-italic, non-bold, indicating that it is the default system status and not entered by a user).
Deleting Multiple Attendance Events
From Attendance Profiles:
- Select the desired Attendance Event button (Late Arrival, Early Dismissal, Full Day, Mid Day).
- Check the boxes for the desired students.
- Select Delete Selected to remove the Attendance Event.