In the event that a student transfers to another school OUTSIDE the district, this lesson covered the step to be followed to ensure that the transfer is completed successfully. This process refers solely to those students for whom the district is no longer responsible for recording AYP.
Where to Start
- Go to Registration.
- Select Students.
- Use the filters as needed and select Search to find students.
- Select the radio button to the left of the student to be transferred.
- Select Transfer.
Out of District Transfer
- Select the student's destination:
- Out of Country - student is leaving the United States
- Out of NYS - the student is leaving New York state; the Search/Add School button to select the destination school
- Unknown - student's destination is not known
- NYS Schools - the student's destination is in New York state; the Search/Add School button to select the destination school
- Fill in the required fields: School or Country, Last Day, and Transfer Reason. Fill in the other fields as information is available or needs to be updated.
- Last Day - an error message will be generated if the selected Last Day is prior to an open Grade Enrollment record’s Start Date
- Transfer Reason - if a student is transferred with a graduation reason, then Post Graduate Plan, Credential Type and Career Path are Required
- Career Path - required for ALL completers, including students who received a credential but no diploma
- Retain Class Enrollment in Target Building applies ONLY to dual-enrolled students transferring within the district
- Check Parental Consent if the parent/guardian has given permission for the district to send additional data (Attendance Data, Discipline Records, Immunization Records, and/or Medical Records) with the transferred student’s record. Check the additional Records To
- Select Save to save the transfer information. The following message will appear: Student transferred successfully. Any attendance records outside of student’s enrollment record will be cleaned up via nightly job.
Students who transfer out of the district will be removed from Student Groups as part of the transfer. Students who transfer with a graduation reason will also be removed from Student Groups as part of the transfer.
Students' Scheduling School, Scheduling Grade, and Scheduling Location are deleted upon transfer (both out-of-district and in-district transfers).
Students’ multi-day Attendance Events are ended as of the student transfer date when the attendance event’s end-date is after the transfer date (both out-of-district and in-district transfers).