At the end of each academic year, schools must complete the End of Year process for eSchoolData to close out the current year and prepare for the next. This article provides an overview of what tasks need to be completed at the end of the year.
Graduation and Grade Advancement
eSD references Graduation and Grade Advancement as promoting students from one grade to another and then completing the “Graduation” process for seniors who have completed their High School career. There are several steps that need to be taken by the district before the roll over (Bit Flip) can take place:
- Make a copy of the Access Database - this is not applicable to RIC hosted organizations
- Reports > Custom Reports > Access Download
- Reports > Grade Reporting > Report Card
- District > Grade Advancement
- Scheduling > Scheduling > Scheduling Runs
Roll Over (Bit Flip)
This process is the final step before a district can start the school for the subsequent school year. Please send a ticket to email@example.com to set up a date to complete roll over.
- Districts supported by BOCES/RICs and hosted on the Amazon Web Services by eSchoolData will have a ticket sent in on their behalf by the BOCES/RICs. Please get in touch with our support team for scheduling and performing the bit flip process.
Bit Flip is an irreversible process and the steps under Graduation and Grade Advancement must be completed prior to roll over taking place.
Once Summer School ends and the district is prepping for the regular school year, it is imperative that the Summer School Closeout is run (whether or not the Bit Flip was done prior to running the Summer School).