Districts can create translations of the Online Registration Application Form in the languages commonly used within their district. This lesson guides users through translating online registration forms.
Where to Start
- Go to System.
- Select Registration.
- Choose Online Registration Forms from the menu.
- Select Language Settings to select the language(s) for which translations will be provided.
- Choose a language from the Add Language.
- Select the yellow + to add the language to the Selected Languages. Repeat as needed.
- Select Save to finish adding the language(s).
- Select the Add Translation icon to add or edit language translations for an unexpired form.
- Use the + and - icons to expand and collapse the different languages.
- Enter the translation for each row’s element.
- Select Save when done.
If a translation for an element has been saved in another form, the suggested translation(s) will be highlighted and displayed in italic text in the current form, and can be edited as needed.
ALL suggested translations, including suggested translations for hidden language columns, will be saved to the current form (unless removed) when the user saves the translations. Once saved, the translations no longer display highlighted in italics.
The selected languages are displayed at the top of the Online Registration Form. When selected, the form displays in the selected language, and English replaces the selected language in the list of language options.