The Mass Class Assignment tool is an alternative to the automated placement of students via the eSD® Scheduler. The Mass Class Assignment tool can also be used in combination with the Scheduler, if desired. Like the Scheduler, the Mass Class Assignment tool will allow students to be placed in multiple classes associated to the same Minute Block period, since Minute Blocks do not have defined Start/End Times. The Mass Class Assignment tool can also be used for Pre-School and/or Pre-K students, if the district runs these programs.
Where to Start
- Go to Scheduling.
- Select Scheduling.
- Mass Class Assignment opens by default.
- Choose the Mass Add and Drop Option.
The Add date defaults to the current date, and the Drop date defaults to yesterday’s date.
- Choose an available Course and Section.
- Select Next to continue.
Visibility of the individual filters is permission driven. This screenshot shows all available filters.
- Enter the Course number of the course to be dropped and select Go, then select the Source Class/Section from which the students will be dropped.
- Use the other filters to narrow the list of students as needed, then click Search. Students who are currently enrolled in the selected Class/Section (and meet the other filter criteria) will appear in the Source Students list.
- Select the students who will be dropped from this course section and added to the previously selected course section.
- When finished, select Next.
- On the Mass Update tab, users can opt to Carry over grades and/or Carry over attendance or select No carry over.
- Select Submit to complete the drop/add process. Select Restart to return to the Select Class tab.