The Copy Schedule function allows schedules to be “copied” from another student or, in the case of students who transfer out of the district and re-enroll during the same school year, from the student’s previous schedule.
Where to Start
- Go to Student.
- Select Student Profile.
- Use the filters and Search for desired student(s).
- Select the Schedule icon to open the Schedule tab of the Student Profile.
The Copy Schedule function is particularly useful at an elementary or middle school level, where student schedules are fairly standard.
- Select the Copy Schedule button. The Copy Schedule function will be available ONLY if the student currently has NO assigned classes.
- Use the Search criteria and click Search to find the student whose schedule you wish to copy, or select a letter of the alphabet to display all students whose last names start with that letter.
Select the applicable Entry Date.
- Select the desired student in the list on the left to display the student’s schedule, which will appear on the right.
- Once the desired schedule is displayed (whether that student’s previous schedule or another student’s schedule), select Copy This Schedule.
If the student is a previously-transferred student who has re-enrolled during the same school year, select Re-enroll in Classes to display the student’s previous class schedule. The Re-enroll in Classes option is limited to students who transfer out of the district and re-enroll in the same school year. It is not available for students who transfer to another district building, then back to the original building.
Use Copy Schedule to establish a preliminary schedule for a new student, then adjust the schedule as needed afterwards using the Add/Drop tool.