There are two scheduling reports that should be run prior to generating any scheduling runs. These reports are used to identify potential conflicts, identify discrepancies between the number of requests and available seats for each offered course, and modify the total number of requests and available seats for each course listed.
Where to Start
- Go to Reports.
- Select Scheduling.
- Choose the Potential Conflict Matrix OR
- Select the Preschedule Edit.
Potential Conflict Matrix
Prior to running the eSchoolData Scheduler, the Potential Conflict Matrix report should be used to identify possible conflicts between singletons and doubletons in a master schedule. The matrix will allow users to identify the students who have requests for each course listed in the corresponding rows and columns.
- Select a Scheduling Year from the drop down menu. Courses can be filtered by Course Type or Knowledge Area.
- Users can also select the applicable radio button to display All courses, Doubletons, Singletons, or Singletons and Doubletons.
- Select the courses from the Available Courses list.
- Select Matrix to open the report.
On the Potential Conflict Matrix report, hover over a cell to view the names of the courses being compared. The cells comparing a course against itself will appear in gray.
Select a cell to open the Student Course Request list. Users can view the total number of requests for each course being compared. Select a student’s name to open the Course Request tab in their Student Portfolio.
The Potential Conflict Matrix report includes only courses with the course option Print on Matrix selected. The Potential Conflict Matrix report only shows the number of matching requests for each course displayed. It does not necessarily indicate that the meeting times for the section(s) of each course are in conflict.
Prior to running the eSchoolData Scheduler, the Preschedule Edit report should be used to identify discrepancies between the number of requests and available seats for each offered course. The report will allow users to modify the total number of requests and available seats for each course listed.
- Use the search criteria to filter the course list and select Search. The Show discrepancies only checkbox will filter the report to only show courses that have fewer available seats than requests.
- From the course list, select the View icon to open the Course Details screen.
- Select the Excel icon to export this report to Excel.
The Preschedule Edit report will not display sections that have the Lock Out checkbox turned on.
From the Course Details screen, users can modify the number of student course requests by selecting Requested Students.
Users may also modify the number of available seats by selecting Class.