The eSD® Drag and Drop interface is a virtual scheduling board that allows the modification of the master schedule using live data. Section meeting times can be viewed and updated directly from this interface.
Where to Start
- Go to Scheduling.
- Choose Scheduling.
- Select Scheduling Runs.
- To open the Drag and Drop interface, select View next to the desired run.
Course requests on the latest scheduling run can be locked to maintain class assignments in subsequent scheduling runs.
Drag Drop Interface
- To populate the virtual scheduling board, select criteria from the Filter fields. All courses associated with the chosen filtering options appear in the Course field. Filter for individual courses by selecting/deselecting the checkboxes next to each course number.
- When finished, select Update to post the selected courses to the virtual board.
- After classes are posted to the board, they can be sorted using the available dropdown filters.
Each course can be color coded by department, and users can modify the information displayed
on each class chip by using the tool bar at the top of the board.
- View additional class information by scrolling over a chip.
- Users can click on a staff name to launch the Staff Contracts, Free Time, and Staff Courses
- Each class chip shows basic information such as meeting time and section. The section number
appears in the upper left corner of the chip, while the number of students assigned to the class
appears in the upper right corner. The day pattern meeting time for the section displays in the
lower left corner. A red R indicates a room conflict for the class, a red T indicates a teacher
conflict, while a red N indicates a new section that was added after the scheduling run. A
Builder icon indicates that the section is a resource class and was placed in the master
schedule by the Builder. The shaded areas of the chip represent the semesters that the class is
Class sections scheduled in the same Minute Block period will NOT display Teacher/Room conflict icons, since Minute Blocks do not have defined Start/End Times. Class sections scheduled in Minute Block periods CANNOT be dragged to other periods, since Minute Blocks are defined by length and not by Start/End Times.
Users can right click on a class chip to modify meeting time information, add a new class,
convert a resource class to a class, show potential conflicts, and view or lock the class roster:
- Users can right-click an individual resource class chip to Convert to Class, or convert all
displayed resource classes using the Convert All Resource Classes Below button. The original Resource Class sections are maintained, when converted to classes using either method.
- Allows users to Lock Class Roster of an individual class section. This allows users to maintain the current roster of students during future scheduling runs. Users can also select the Lock All Class Rosters / Unlock All Class Rosters buttons to lock/unlock all displayed classes. Class sections with a locked roster will display a lock icon on the chip. Class sections with a locked roster cannot be dragged to a new location. Users must unlock the roster in order to move the section.
- The Potential Conflict Matrix will display the number of requests for singletons and doubletons
that conflict with the section meeting time. Select a number in the Matrix window to view
students with conflicting requests.