The Set Section Parameters/Run tab separates the section creation and student scheduling processes with the Create Sections and Run tools. This lesson outlines running the Study Hall Wizard to generate sections for Study Hall.
Where to Start
- Go to Scheduling.
- Choose Scheduling.
- Select Study Hall Wizard.
Set Section Parameters / Run
- Go to the Set Section Parameters/Run tab.
- Select Create Sections.
- In the Set Section Parameters window, automatically generate the required number of sections is checked by default. When this option is selected, the Create Sections tool will automatically generate as many sections as are needed to satisfy student free times for the selected scheduling grades. Uncheck automatically generate the required number of sections to manually enter the desired number of sections. If districts intend to partially schedule students into study hall sections (rather than creating a section for each free time pattern), select the Partial Scheduling option to ensure the proper number of sections are created.
Location: Select the location to which the study hall sections should be restricted.
Gender: Select the gender to which the study hall sections should be restricted.
Scheduling Grades: Select the grades that should be placed into the study hall sections.
Semester: Select the corresponding semester for the chosen study hall course.
Days: Use the dropdown menu to select a pattern that includes all day codes.
Periods: Select the Periods for which sections should be created. The Periods list does not include Minute Block periods, since Study Halls cannot be assigned to Minute Blocks.
Course No.: Select the course number for a study hall course created for the chosen semester.
Teacher: Select the teacher to be assigned to each study hall section. This can be changed on a section by section basis after the Study Hall Wizard is run.
Room: Select the room to be assigned to each study hall section. This can be changed on a section by section basis after the Study Hall Wizard is run.
Breakdown Days: This checkbox allows the Study Hall Wizard to create an individual meeting time for each day pattern for each section generated.
- Select Generate Sections when finished making selections.
- Select Yes to generate sections.