Users can enter course requests for individual students who have been assigned a scheduling school and scheduling grade. This lesson covers Course Requests for individual students via the Student Profile.
Required Permissions: Module Level: Scheduling > Course Requests
Where to Start
- Go to Student.
- Select Student Profile.
- Filter as needed and Search for a student. Select the Student to access the Student Profile.
- Select the Course Requests tab on the profile.
- Approved/Pending Requests are open by default.
- Use the + icon on other headings to:
- View the student’s Schedule for the current or next Scheduling Year.
- View Course and Credit History. The Course and Credit History section shows the student’s full history of courses taken within the school district, and courses currently in progress.
- View Course and Credit Summary. The Course and Credit Summary section shows Credits Earned and Credits In Progress by Subject Area, as well as the Total Credits Earned and In Progress.
- View Course Request History for the current or next Scheduling Year. The Course Request History sections show all course request transactions, including the user that created and/or deleted the request, and the request status (Deleted, Not Approved, Scheduled, or Not Scheduled).
- Use the Add Course toolbar to add Student Course Requests.
- Pending Requests appear in Purple. Select Approve Requests to approve the Pending Requests. They will change to green.
If the Add Course toolbar is missing from the Course Request tab of the Student Profile, the student has NOT been assigned a Scheduling School and/or Scheduling Grade.
Course Request Toolbar
- Requests are generated by entering the Course Number, selecting the Course Group, or using the Department or Subject menu with the Course Name menu to locate the course.
- Users can change the course priority for an individual student request by selecting a different Priority from the corresponding menu. Users may also select additional request parameters from the Request Type, Semester, Section/Class, and Resource Section menus. Options available from the Request Type menu include:
- Teacher Request – The student is requesting a class taught by this teacher.
- Not this Teacher – The student is requesting a class NOT taught by this teacher.
- Section Request – The student is requesting a specific section.
- Pre-schedule This Section – The student will be scheduled into the chosen section prior to the Sectioner fulfilling any other standard requests for the course. If this cannot be accomplished, the student will not be scheduled for this class.
- Not this Student – The student is requesting placement in a class without a specific student. When placing the requesting student, the eSD Scheduler and Walk-In Scheduler will check the current roster of potential classes to ensure the selected student is not already enrolled. If this cannot be accomplished, the student will not be scheduled for this course.
- Select Save to submit the request or select Reset to refresh the Course Request Toolbar. Saved requests appear under the Approved / Pending Request heading and are highlighted in blue initially.
- Select the A next to any Course to create an alternate.
- Any already submitted alternates appear in the Alternate Course column. Multiple alternate course requests can be added to a primary course request.
- A series of icons will appear next to course requests indicating the user account that generated the request. The T icon indicates the request was generated from the Teacher Recommendations page. The P icon indicates the request was generated from the Parent Portal, while the S icon indicates the request was generated from the Student Portal. The O icon indicates requests entered by all other methods. Hover over the available icons to view the specific user account that generated the request.
- Select the red X next to a request to Delete it.
- Select the View or Edit icon to review or update a request.