Once courses have been added to the Catalog, users can define Course Request Prerequisite Rules. This lesson outlines adding Prerequisites to courses.
Required Permissions: Module Level: Scheduling > Course Request Pre-Requisite
Where to Start
- Go to Scheduling.
- Select Courses. Then Courses Menu opens by default.
- Select the View icon next to the desired course.
Course Request Pre-Requisites
- Select the Pre-Requisites icon to open the menu.
- Any existing Pre-Requisites appear in the Pre-Requisite Rules area.
- Select the Edit or Delete icon to update or remove existing Pre-Requisites if needed.
- Select the yellow + to Add new rules.
- Select the Source category to display the available Source options in that category, then select the applicable option.
- Scheduling Grade Level: allows for criteria based on the grade level of the student for the course year. (ex. Scheduling Grade Level in (11,12) means the student must be in grade 11 or 12 to take the course)
- Scheduling Location Code: allows for criteria based on the location code on the student record for the course year.
- Current Course: allows for criteria based on courses that the student is currently taking.
- Completed Course: allows for criteria based on courses that the student has completed.
- Assessments: allows for criteria based on completed assessments.
- Course Requests: allows for criteria based on the student's other course requests.
- Current Year Average: allows for criteria based on the student's current year average for a selected subject. (ex. Current Year Average in English must be greater than 70%)
- Cumulative Average: allows for criteria based on the student's overall average for a selected subject.
- Select the applicable Source Operator.
- Next define the applicable condition for the selected option. In this example, the Source is Scheduling Grade Level, so Grade Levels appear as available selections of criteria to school from.
- Select Save after the rule has been defined.
Repeat these steps as needed. Users can also nest up to five (5) Rule Segments by selecting the applicable Opening Parentheses and Closing Parentheses as they build the Rule Segments, or by editing the Rule Segments after they have been defined. A complex set of prerequisite Rules can be built using a combination of nested Rule Segments with Connecting Operators.
If additional rules are addition, there is also a field for Connecting Operator. This allows users to select if the rule will be connected by an AND or OR statement.