The eSD system contains features that are designed to support the automation of class assignments for special needs populations. Master schedulers have the ability to limit the number of special needs students who can be enrolled in each class by the eSD Scheduler. To support each district’s unique policies, administrators may also identify the specific student statuses and disability codes that will be considered by the eSD Scheduler when placing students in classes. Upon completion of a scheduling run, the resulting reports will reflect those students who had a rejected course request due to these new limitations. Lastly, the Master Schedule Reports have been modified to include the special needs seat cap and enrollment tallies for each section. This document presents an overview of the functionality and options currently available to users working with disabled students.
Required Permissions: Module Level: Scheduling > Courses
- Special Needs Students Support - Counselors can view special needs student tallies for each section when using the New Class and Add/Drop interfaces to update student schedules. In addition, the Walk In Scheduler will automatically observe special needs student enrollment limitations when placing students in classes.
- Add/Drop - The view icon, available from the class results list, presents the current roster, wait list, and special needs student counts for the corresponding class (Student Profile > Schedule tab > Add/Drop ). The Add/Drop interface Roster view presents the total enrolled special needs students for the corresponding class.
- Schedule Tab - The New Class window presents the total enrolled special needs students and remaining available seats (Student Profile > Schedule Tab).
- Walk In Scheduler - The Walk In Scheduler recognizes any student with an active special needs-flagged status when enrolling students in classes (Student Profile > Schedule Tab > Walk In Scheduler). The Walk In Scheduler considers the new special needs seat cap for each section when enrolling students in classes
- Codes - The new "Special Needs Status" selection, available from Student Statuses and Disability Codes, allows users to identify special needs students for scheduling purposes (System > Codes). Note: this flag is enabled for all disability codes with the exception of 504 and declassified statuses by default upon release.
- Scheduling Runs - The sectioner recognizes any student with an active special needs flagged status when enrolling students in classes (Scheduling > Scheduling > Scheduling Runs). The sectioner considers the new special needs seat cap for each section when enrolling students in classes.
- Master Schedule Reports - The SN Seats column presents the total available special needs seats for the corresponding section (Reports > Scheduling > Master Schedule Reports). The Spec Needs column presents the tally of enrolled special needs students based on the flagged statuses.
- Courses - The Average Special Needs Seats field allows users to define a default value to be applied to all sections created for each course (Scheduling > Courses > Courses).
- Classes - The Available Special Needs Seats field allows users to define the maximum number of special needs students the sectioner and walk-in scheduler will enroll in each class and resource class (Scheduling > Courses > Courses > Class).