The most recent Attendance Closeout Default is copied forward when the Academic School Year is advanced (also known as the Bit Flip), if the following conditions are met:
- School Setup was completed prior to the bit flip. (Day Codes, Periods, Semesters are established for the new School Year.)
- The default Bell Time from the prior year matches the new School Year exactly. (No periods added/removed, or times changed.)
- The Day Codes from the prior year match the new School Year exactly.
- An Attendance Closeout Default has not been set up for the new School Year. Note: The copied Attendance Closeout Default will have a Default Applicable From date of the day before the first semester date in the new School Year.
- If the Semesters, Periods, or Day Codes were modified during School Setup, then the prior year’s Attendance Closeout Default will NOT be copied forward when the Academic School Year is advanced, and an Attendance Closeout Default must be defined for the new School Year.
Go to Student > Attendance > Attendance Close Out Defaults to create a new Attendance Closeout Default. Set the Default Applicable From date to any day AFTER the end of the current School Year (after the end of Summer School, if applicable), so the new Attendance Closeout Default does not impact the current School Year.
For more details, visit Attendance Closeout Defaults.