Bell Times drive the Start and End Times for the school day, as well as the Start and End Times for each period in the school day. The DEFAULT Bell Time is created during School Setup, and is based on the number of periods and period times defined in School Setup. Schools can create and use multiple Bell Time Schedules in eSD. Existing Alternate Bell Schedules are copied forward during School Setup, and can be modified if necessary. Users can add periods to any Bell Time Schedules, but cannot reduce the number of periods. If users did not update the Period Start/End Times (i.e. the Default Bell Time) during School Setup, they can be updated by editing the default Bell Time.
Where to Start
- Go to District.
- Select Schools.
- Select Bell Time.
Edit a Bell Time
- Choose a Scheduling Year.
- Select Search to view Bell Times.
- Select the Edit icon. Adjust the Bell Times and Minute Blocks as needed then select Save.
- Select New to create a new time.
New Bell Time
- Enter a Bell Time Name.
- Adjust the Bell Times and Minute Blocks as needed.
- Select Save to create the new time.