Schools can add periods to their school day even after School Setup has been completed. This document details the process. Existing periods are greyed out, indicating that they cannot be changed from this page. To change the Start/End Times for existing periods after School Setup is completed, users must edit the Bell Times (District > Schools > Bell Time).
Where to Start
- Go to Scheduling.
- Select School Setup.
- Choose the School Periods tab.
Add a Period
- Select Add Period button to add a new period.
- Adjust the Start/End Times for the added period. If applicable, flag the period as a Minute Block period.
- When finished adding periods, select Next 3 times, to move through the School Shifts and School Day Pattern tabs to the Semester Pattern tab.
- Select Finish to save the added period(s). The added period(s) will automatically appear on the Default Bell Time and all Alternate Bell Times.
Each time that Add Period is clicked, one additional period will be added to the list of existing periods. If an existing period has already been flagged as a Minute Block period, the added period will also be flagged as a Minute Block period automatically.
Users can only delete periods which do not have a subsequent period number in use.