Departments and Subjects are setup during the initial implementation of eSchoolData. However, at times, new instructional programs may require additions to/revisions of existing data.
- Go to District.
- Select Departments.
- Select New and then enter a Department name.
- Select Save to create the Department and add it to the table below.
- Select the Edit icon to update a Departments name.
- Select the red Delete icon to remove a Department. Users cannot delete Departments associated to a staff member or course, as indicated by the grey Delete icon.
The following Secondary Subjects are pre-loaded for all districts, along with their NCES Codes
(when applicable). Users should add the appropriate NCES Codes to locally-created Secondary
|English Language Arts||01|
|Family & Consumer Science|
|Health, Physical Education, and Family Consume|
|Mathematics, Science, & Technology|
|(CDOS) Career Departments & Occupational Studies|
|(LOTE) Language Other Than English||06|
To add or update Subjects:
- Go to System.
- Select Academic.
- Choose Subjects.
- Users can Update or Remove existing Subjects. Select Add to create a local Subject. When creating a new Subject, enter the Subject Area (required), and the Domain and/or NCES Subject Code (both optional), then select Save.
- Select an existing Subject from the list to view Standards.
- Users can Add, Update, or Remove standards.