Users can create rules that will, in turn, automatically create integration IDs for staff and/or students.
Required Permissions: Guru Admin
Where to Start
- Go to Rules.
- Select Add New Rule.
Automate Student and Staff Email Creation
- Enter a Name for the new Rule
- If desired, enter a Description.
- Select Student Integration ID or Staff Integration ID for Entity Type.
- Select a School and Grade if applicable.
- Select the appropriate Update Options: Overwrite or Skip. Overwrite populates empty target fields and overwrite the target field if it already has a value. Skip ignores records where the target field already has a value.
- Select Next to proceed to the Data Rules tab.
- Click Add Rule to build the logic that determines the conventions for creating an email address
- Select the Operation to be applied and the Field to which the Operation will be applied. If needed, specify any additional values by selecting Add Rule to define additional rules.
- Select Finish to save the rule.
The available operations are listed below, along with their functions:
- Concatenate: Add the value for the selected field to the derived value.
- Left: Select the left n character(s) from the field value. An additional field will appear in which the number of characters can be specified.
- Left Trim: Removes any leading spaces from the field value.
- Literal: Free-text character string to be applied to all updated values.
- Replace: Replace a specific text with another value. Specify the Search Value (required) and Replace With Value.
- Right: Select the right n character(s) from the field value (excludes spaces). An additional field will appear in which the number of characters can be specified.
- Right Trim: Removes any trailing spaces from the selected field.
- Substring: Select the text beginning at n position, for y character(s). Two additional fields will appear in which the user can specify the starting character position (e.g., 5 for fifth character) and number of characters.
Student Email Address
- (Previous Result)
- Student ID
- Student First Name
- Student Last Name
- Student Cohort
- Projected Graduation Year
Staff Email Address:
- (Previous Result)
- Staff Local IS
- Staff First Name
- Staff Last Name
- Primary Username