District Administrators control which vendors are allowed to access the district’s eSD data, as well as how the vendors access that data, by defining Vendors. The Vendor’s Type can be defined as a Service Account (recommended) or a Web Application.
Required Permissions: Module Level > Special Permissions > GURU Admin
Where to Start
- Expand the Configuration menu.
- Select Vendors to define the third-party Vendors for API Integrations.
- Select Create new Vendor to start entering vendor information.
Create New Vendor
- On the Basic Information tab, enter the Vendor Name.
- Enable Restrict Updates (if desired) to limit third party vendors to updating only those records that they have created.
- Select the Application Type. Service Account is recommended.
- Select Next.
The Client ID and Client Secret will auto-fill with unique values. Copy the Client ID and Client Secret to send to the Vendor, so the Vendor can configure their API to access the district’s data.
API Resource Permissions
- Enable the Resources and Actions needed by the Vendor (all default to Disabled ). Only enable the specific resources needed by this vendor. See Resource, Actions, and Endpoints for complete lists of permissions.
- Select Finish to save the Vendor.
Once the Vendor has been defined, the district must send the Client ID and Client Secret to the Vendor, so the Vendor can complete their own API configuration to access the district’s data. If the district did not copy the Client ID and Client Secret while creating the Vendor, Edit the vendor to retrieve the information.
If the user who creates a vendor does not have permissions to specific API endpoints, you will receive an error due to lack of permissions. Both the creator and the vendor need access to the endpoints.
Edit a Vendor
- Go to the Action tab of a listed Vendor.
- Select Edit.
This allows the user to make changes to the vendor’s Basic Information or API Resource Permissions.
If needed, click Show Secret or Reset Secret to view or reset the vendor’s Client Secret. If the secret is reset, the user must send it to the Vendor so the Vendor can update their API settings.
Make the needed changes, then select Finish to save the changes.