Using GURU Notifications, districts will have the ability to create automatic email notifications for individuals or groups of staff based on a variety of criteria, including student, contact, attendance, messaging, and eSchoolPortal updates. Users can Create, Edit, Copy, and Delete Notifications, view the History, or opt to Run Notification manually.
Required Permissions: Module > Special Permissions > GURU Admin. Create a new Security Group to assign this permission.
Where to Start
- Select Notifications in the left hand navigation bar.
- Select Add Notification to create a notification.
Create a Notification
- Enter a Name for the notification.
- Add an optional Description as needed. This may help provide additional context to the notification for recipients.
- Choose a Notification type from the dropdown:
Class Attendance Alert - Send notification when a class attendance threshold is reached for a specified interval (Digest delivery only)
Daily Attendance - Send notification when a student has met a specified threshold (Digest delivery only)
Guardian Update - Send notification when a change is made to a guardian record (Digest delivery only for Address, Phone, or Email updates)
Household Update - Send notification when a household address or phone is updated
New Student - Send notification when a new student record is created
Online Registration Submission - Send notification when a new online registration application is received
Parent Portal Request - Send notification when a new portal request is in the Pending queue
Student Schedule Update - Send notification when a drop date is inserted into a class enrollment record, or a new class enrollment record is created. Does NOT send notifications when existing start/end dates are updated (Digest delivery only)
Student Status Update - Send notification when a drop date is inserted into a student status record OR a new student status record is created. Does NOT send notifications when existing start/end dates are updated
Student Update - Send notification when a change is made to a student record
Teacher Connect Message - Send notification when a new message is created or a new reply is added to an existing thread
- Select Event Filters as needed. Please note that based on the selected Notification Type, different Event Filters may be available. For each filter below that notes individual*, users can ctrl-click to select multiple values.
- Choose a Delivery Option. Individual sends individual emails for each event as it happens. Digest sends a single email containing all queued notifications at a specified time
- Define a Frequency and time.
- Click Next.
- Select Recipients. The user can select a Category of recipients (e.g. student’s current teachers) and/or individual Staff. When selecting individual Staff, the Search bar allows users to filter the list by any displayed field (Staff Name, Staff Type, Building, Staff Email, Local ID). Staff with School Selection or Cross-Building Assignments will be listed multiple times, for each Building to which they are associated.
- Select Finish to save the notification.
To receive a Notification, the Staff member must have an email address in their staff record in eSD (System > Staff).
- Select the carrot icon to the left of the notification name to open the menu.
- Choose Edit to update the notification.
- Choose Copy to make a duplicate of the chosen notification.
- Choose Delete to remove the notification.
- Select History The notification’s to view the Status and Details for each Run, for up to 30 days after each run. The History also contains the option to View All Logs which shows details of the specific emails included in the run. The run’s Log Detail includes the Staff email(s) and message(s) in that run.
- Select Run Notification to trigger the Notification.