- the original version that checks for an Attendance Rule Schedule once every hour, at minute 45 of each hour
- an updated version that checks for an Attendance Rule Schedule four times every hour, at minutes 0, 15, 30 and 45 of each hour. Districts that need this version should email firstname.lastname@example.org
Before student attendance data can be exported, the Auto Downloader must be installed on a local workstation.
Install the Auto Downloader
- Locate the CallingSystemAttendanceRelease.zip folder and unzip it to extract the files.
- Select the SetupCallingSystemWindowsService.msi file.
- Click Run to begin the installation process.
- From the Welcome to the eSD Calling System Attendance Downloader Setup Wizard screen, click Next.
- From the District Information and Download Path Setup screen, enter the District Name exactly as it appears at the district level view in the production database.
- Enter the District Token provided by eSD.
- Enter the Path on the workstation where the files are to be stored.
- When finished, click Next.
- From the Confirm Installation screen, click Next to initiate the installation process.
- When the installation is complete, click Close.
Verify the URL
Once the installation is complete, navigate to the newly created eSD Calling System Attendance Downloader file. This file will be stored at the Path chosen during the installation process.
- From the folder, open the CallingSystemWindowsService.exe.config file.
- In the configuration file, verify that the listed URL root matches the district’s eSchoolData website address. If the website is hosted locally, the URL will need to be updated prior to starting the Auto Downloader service.
Start the Auto Downloader Service
To begin the Auto Downloader service, access the workstation’s Component Services dashboard.
- From the Services (Local) list, select the eSD Calling System Auto Downloader program
- Click the Start Services icon .