Permanent substitutes typically have staff records and user accounts with defined permissions. If the district does not wish to create user accounts for each short-term substitute, they can establish generic staff records and user accounts (Sub1, Sub2, etc.), and control access levels via the permissions assigned to those accounts. These generic accounts can be assigned, and passwords changed, as needed. Ensure that the appropriate account has been created before you proceed.
- Menu: Staff > Staff Schedule Report
- Multi Tab Controls > Staff Schedule Report
Where to Start
- Select Staff.
- Select Staff Schedule Report.
- Select a teacher from the Staff dropdown.
- Select the Assign Substitute button.
Assigning a Substitute
- Use the Select checkboxes to select all of the teacher’s classes or select the checkboxes for the individual classes, if desired.
- Using the Teacher dropdown, select a substitute. The dropdown lists staff records with the Staff Type: Substitute Teacher.
- Select a Role.
- Set a Start Date.
- Set the End Date.
- Enter the Percentage value (0 through 100). The Percentage is the number of dates within that range that the substitute is going to substitute teach the class. In most cases, it is 100%.
- Select Save to add the selected Teacher to the Role records for the selected classes. This provides access to the selected classes.
- Once the selected Teacher has an associated user account, the Change Password button is visible. Select Change Password to reset the password for the user account.
To learn more about printing rosters for a substitute teacher, visit Printing Attendance Rosters.