Assign Learning Codes to students using the Mass Update Student Status wizard or through the Status Summary tab on the Student Profile.
Menu Level: Program > Mass Update Student - Student Status and Assigned Students
Menu Level: Multi Tab Controls > Student Profile Menu (Multi Tab Control) - Status Summary, Student and Multi Tab Controls > Status Summary
Module Level: Code > Student Status - Student Status (Add, Edit, Delete)
Before You Begin
- Only virtual learners should have learning codes
- If an end date is not known, the Learning Code status may be left without an end date. This will cause it to be in effect in perpetuity until the status is end dated.
- Students should only be assigned one Learning Code on any given day. if they have more than one on any given day, this will generate duplicate student records via the Student Profile List. To find students with more than one Learning Code on a date, refer to this report: Student > Attendance > Admin Reports > Learning Code Reconciliation Report.
- In order to preserve historical data, add an end date to previous Learning Code statuses rather than deleting them.
Where to Start
- Go to Program.
- Select Mass Update Student Status.
- Student Status opens by default.
Mass Update Student Status Wizard
- The Select Status tab is opened by default.
- Select the appropriate Learning Code.
- Select Assign Status.
- Use the search criteria to find the students.
- To select students, use the All >> button to move the appropriate students from the Source Students field, into the Selected Students field.
- Select Next.
- Select a Start Date using the Calendar icon and then click Update all Start Date to update the student status start date.
- If known, select an End Date using the Calendar icon and then click Update all End Date to update the student status end date.
- Select Submit finish.
During the Select Students step, a file can be uploaded using the Upload Students button instead of the search criteria. For more information on file uploads, review the documentation linked here [hyperlink to Mass Update Student Status].
Status Summary Tab
- Go to Student.
- Select Student Profile.
- Use the filters as needed and select Search.
- Select the student record to open their Student Profile.
- Select the Status Summary tab.
- Using the Status Type dropdown, select Student Status.
- Select New on the right side of the screen.
- Select the checkbox next to the Learning Code that needs to be assigned.
- Use the Calendar icon in the Date From field to edit the start date (if needed).
- Select Save.