- Menu Level: System
- Module Level: Attendance > Attendance Reason (Add, Edit, View, Delete, Sort)
Where to Start
- Select the System tab.
- Select Attendance.
- Select Attendance Reasons.
Filter and Sort Attendance Reasons
- Utilize the check and text entry boxes to filter down the attendance reasons in the list.
- Select Clear to Remove all entered/selected filters.
- Select Search to Apply Filters.
- Select Sort to organize the reasons list.
- Select a Reason.
- Select the up or down arrow to move the Reason.
- After making the needed adjustments, select Save.
- Select New to create a Reason.
Managing Attendance Reasons
- Select the View Icon next to a Reason to view its detail.
- Select the Edit Icon next to a Reason to edit its details.
- Select the Delete Icon (x) next to a reason to remove it.
Every Attendance Reason has a Remote Present checkbox available. This should only be selected for the system-generated Remote Present (RMTPRT) Attendance Reason.
For BOCES only: The system-created reasons for Sending District Closed (SDC) and Work-Based Learning (WBL) will reduce potential minutes for applicable students.
Attendance Reasons can be restricted by building, to support school-specific codes.
User-created Attendance Reasons whose Code or Descriptionbegin with the letters “OSS”(no spaces) are included in the NYS Attendance Code and Student Daily Attendance extracts.
To learn more about creating a new attendance reason, visit New Attendance Reason.