Districts have the ability to associate Student Status codes with a Learning Code in order to designate students who are participating in virtual learning. This document outlines the initial setup process of Learning Codes, and how to tie those codes to your district calendar to signify students who should be remote on any given day.
Menu Level: System > Codes
Module Level: Code - Student Status > Student Status (Add, Edit, View, Delete)
Where to Start
- Go to System.
- Select Codes.
- Select New to create a new Learning Code.
New Learning Codes
- Enter a value for the Code field (maximum 7 characters)
- Enter a value for the Display field. Keep in mind that this value is displayed throughout the system and on the eSD Portal.
- Select Save.
- The new code is added to the Codes list. In the Indicator column for the new code, select a color. This is the color that will display throughout the system for students who are assigned this code and on the calendar for the days to which it is assigned. Select Choose to assign the color.
- Select the Edit icon for the code.
- Select the new checkbox that appears for Is Learning Code.
- Select Save.
The new learning code is now available for use and can be applied to students and to Day Codes on the Calendar.
The Is Learning Code checkbox should only be selected for codes used to designate when students will be learning virtually. Students attending school in person should not have a Learning Code.