There are times when a school may need Learning Codes to be assigned based on a Day Code rotation and alternate bell times to be assigned based on the day of the week or vice versa. When this happens, use the Generation Options button to designate the pattern needed.
All calendar events where school will be closed (Legal Holidays, Superintendent Conference Days, etc.) should be entered before generating Day Codes. Day Codes will not be assigned to dates designated with these calendar events. Calendar events added after Day Codes are generated may require Day Codes to be regenerated.
Where to Start
- Go to District.
- Select Calendar.
- Choose Setup Daycode from the menu.
- Select the Setup by Daycode or Setup by Week Name tab.
- Select the appropriate year in the Scheduling Year dropdown.
- Select Search.
- Select Generation Options.
- In the first section, select whether the Bell Time is by Day Code or by Day of the Week. Select the Edit icon as needed to choose the appropriate Bell Time for each Day Code or Day of the Week. Once all Bell Times and Day Codes have been selected, scroll to the next section.
- In the Day of the Week/Learning Codes section, select whether the Learning Code is by Day Code or by Day of the Week. Select the Edit icon to do so.
- For the Day of the Week or Day Code and specify which Learning Codes are valid on that day.
- Select Save.
- Under the Learning Code section, the codes selected in step 8 will show. Click the Edit icon next to each Learning Code to select the Periods and Grades to which the codes should apply. If this is not edited, all Periods and Grades will be selected by default. Select Save.
- Repeat until all Days and Learning Codes have been modified as needed.
- Generate Day Codes.