The Quick Scan feature enables users to process Late Arrivals, Early Dismissals, and Midday events more efficiently. In order to take advantage of Quick Scan, schools need to have:
- Set up Quick Scan
- Student ID cards with barcodes
- A barcode reader/scanner (a standard USB scanner works fine)
- A printer (local or on the network)
Menu Level: Student > Attendance > Attendance Profiles
Module Level: Attendance - Late Arrival (Quick Scan)
Where to Start
- Go to Student.
- Select Attendance.
- Attendance Profiles opens by default.
- Select Quick Scan to launch the Late Arrival Report.
- Select the appropriate Date. The criteria defaults to ID Number
- Select Automatically Print to automatically generate a preformatted late pass for each scanned ID.
- Select the applicable Reason then scan the student’s ID Card.
- The Student field displays the ID Number and the Time field indicates when the card was scanned.
- To Quick Scan Early Dismissals or Midday events, change the Switch To: radio button. Follow the same process as for Late Arrivals (above).
In order for the Automatically Print feature to work properly, specific settings must be enabled for Internet Explorer or Google Chrome on Windows OS. If Chrome’s Kiosk Printing setting (required for Auto Print) hides the browser tabs, use Control + Tab to switch between tabs. Additional setting information is detailed in Quick Scan Setup.
The Save button does not need to be selected. Information scanned by the bar code reader is automatically saved.