This lesson explains the different tools available in the toolbar at the top of the Teacher Connect Gradebook.
Need a refresher on accessing Gradebook? Visit Accessing and Navigating Gradebook.
- Select Advanced Entry (default setting) or Rapid Entry to enable/disable the automatic calculation of Category and Marking Period Averages, or click the button to toggle between Advanced/Rapid Entry. Rapid Entry minimizes the data displayed, and all automatic Category/Marking Period Average/Statistics calculations are disabled for faster grade entry.
- Select Assignments (default setting) or Students from the Layout menu to transpose the layout of columns and rows, or click the button to toggle between Assignments/Students.
- Select Settings to open the Settings window to establish Column Display Options, Stats Display Options, Sort Preferences, Past Due Assignments values, and visibility of the Assignment Scores Columns.
- Add Categories and Assignments without leaving the Grade Entry screen. The Setup button opens the Setup screen (with additional advanced tools) and the Templates button opens the Templates Library screen (an advanced tool).
- Using the Report/Import/Export Toolbar, users can create/run a Report, export the Gradebook to Excel, Print the Gradebook or MP Summary, or Import assignment scores, without leaving the Grade Entry screen.
Hover over a Column Heading to display its drop-down menu icon . All Column Drop-Down Menus allow teachers to Sort by that column in Ascending or Descending order, Lock or Unlock the column and select Columns to hide or unhide.
In addition, Assignment and MP Grade column menus allow teachers to Hide/Show Only the selected Assignment/MP Grade, Edit/Delete the Assignment/Category, Publish or Unpublish Scores to the Parent Portal, Erase All grades, Calculate Numeric Grades (M. P. Grade only), and Import [Assignment Name] Scores (Assignments only). Users can also customize column appearance by Background Color, Text Color and Text Font (Italic/Bold/Underline) using the column header menu.
Users can also customize column appearance by Background Color, Text Color and Text Font (Italic/Bold/Underline) using the column header menu.