Within eSchoolData, Student Information is organized in two basic areas: Registration and the Student Profile. This lesson will focus on the Student Profile, which is where the student's academic journey comes together.
Registration > Students is where demographic, legal address, guardian, and custody details are initially entered and maintained. The ability to edit details in this area is usually restricted to those responsible for managing student registration details, and state reportable attributes.
Where to Start
- Go to Student.
- Select Student Profile.
- Student Profile opens on the left-hand menu by default.
- Begin Date and End Date are used to find students who enrolled in the district within the date range.
- Current Location refers to location codes assigned during the master scheduling process. Location codes are typically used in middle schools when students are scheduled by team (or location).
- Fully Scheduled helps guidance counselors identify students whose course requests were not fully satisfied when the master schedule was built. As counselors either make changes to the student schedule or determine that there is no room for improvement, they can manually turn the fully scheduled flag on. This approach allows counselors to efficiently work through their caseload until no students are returned when filtering “Fully Scheduled = No.”
- Dual Enrolled Students Only are students taking classes in more than one building.
- Select Search to view results.
- There are several icons displayed on the list page to help school staff quickly identify students who have guardian alerts, IEPs, 504s, RTI plans or custom alerts. Hover over each icon to view its name. Users with the appropriate permission can click the icon to access documents stored within eSD or within 3rd party systems. For example, IEPs can either be stored within eSD as PDF documents, or linked to Cleartrack, Frontline, Darts or Leader systems.
Click on the Phone icon to access student contact information. A Red Phone icon indicates that a guardian alert is associated with the student. Users with the appropriate permission can hover over the alert icon to view alert details.
- Select the schedule icon to open the student schedule tab within the Student Profile.
- Guidance Counselors use the yellow plus icon to immediately launch the Add/Drop interface.
- Select a student's name or ID to launch the full Student Profile.
Student Profile tabs are permission-based which means that not all tabs are visible to all users.
- For example, the Administrator Journal is usually reserved for Principals, APs, and other building administrators. Contact your eSD system administrator if tab visibility needs adjustment.
- Once the Student Profile opens, use the Prev or Next button to advance to the next student listed in the initial filter results.
Information detailed within each tab is updated in real-time as actions are taken in other areas of the system. For example, as the attendance office makes a change to a student attendance record from within the attendance module, attendance details displayed on the Student Profile attendance tab are updated in real-time.
Refer to this video for an explanation of all Student Profile Tabs.