Users can create assignments linked to Google Classroom by importing the assignments from Google Classroom into Teacher Connect. This lesson guides users through importing assignments from Google Classroom.
Where to Start
Access your Teacher Connect Gradebook. Need a refresher? Visit Accessing and Navigating Gradebook.
Import Assignments from Google Classroom
- From the Gradebook, select Setup.
- From the Setup page, select Import Assignments.
- Choose the Category the assignment(s) belong in.
- Select the Course in Google Classroom the assignment was created in.
- Select the corresponding assignment name. Multiple assignments can be imported at once, just ensure they all belong to the same Category.
- Select Import.
- Imported Assignments appear in a list under the Assignments heading.
- Select Save to confirm the changes.
- Select Back to return to the Gradebook.
A Google Classroom icon appears in the assignment header. Cells also have a lock icon in this to indicate that scores cannot be entered from the Teacher Connect interface.
If the assignment already has scores within Google Classroom, those scores will be added to the gradebook when linked.
All edits to the assignment grades should be done in Google Classroom and will automatically populate when the assignment sync runs in Teacher Connect.
Need to unlink the assignment? Visit Unlink Teacher Connect Assignments from Google Classroom Assignments to learn more.