The linking process enables assignment grades to be synced between Teacher Connect and Google Classroom. Existing assignments in Teacher Connect can be linked to Google Classroom assignments so that grades can be synced. This lesson guides users through linking Teacher Connect assignments to Google Classroom.
Where to Start
Access your Teacher Connect Gradebook. Need a refresher? Visit Accessing and Navigating Gradebook.
Link an Existing Gradebook Assignment to Google Classroom
- Locate the existing assignment in Teacher Connect and select the drop down on the right hand side of the assignment name.
- Select Link to Google Classroom.
When initially creating a Gradebook assignment, the option Link to Classroom is available in the bottom left-hand corner of the modal.
- Select the course in Google Classroom the assignment was created in that you want to link with this assignment in Teacher Connect.
- Select the corresponding assignment name. The assignment needs to be created in Google Classroom already for it to appear in the list.
- Select Link.
- A confirmation message appears. Select OK to continue.
Now that the assignment is linked, a Google Classroom icon appears in the assignment header. Cells also have a lock icon in this to indicate that scores cannot be entered from the Teacher Connect interface.
If the assignment already has scores within Google Classroom, those scores will be added to the gradebook when linked.
All edits to the assignment grades should be done in Google Classroom and will automatically populate when the assignment sync runs in Teacher Connect.
Need to unlink the assignment? Visit Unlink Teacher Connect Assignments from Google Classroom Assignments to learn more.