After assignments have been linked between Teacher Connect and Google Classroom, you may find that you no longer need the assignments to be link and want to be able to manually enter scores via Teacher Connect. This lesson walks through the steps of unlinking an assignment from Google Classroom.
Where to Start
Access your Teacher Connect Gradebook. Need a refresher? Visit Accessing and Navigating Gradebook.
- Select the arrow in the Assignment Header to open the menu.
- Choose Unlink Google Classroom from the list.
Any assignment that is linked to Google Classroom will have the Google Classroom icon within the Assignment Header.
- A message appears and states Assignment successfully unlinked. Select OK to continue.
- The Google Classroom icon is no longer in the Assignment header, indicating that the assignment is no longer connected to Google Classroom.
- Users can now enter scores for the assignment directly into the Gradebook as needed.
If you have unlinked an assignment with scores it in, and are unable to delete the assignment after removing the scores, hiding and unhiding the assignment within the gradebook may bring the scores back into view. While this is not expected behavior, and our team is looking into the issue, hiding and unhiding the assignment may allow you to continue with deleting the assignment.
- Unlink the assignment from Google Classroom (as shown above).
- Remove all scores from the assignment.
- From the Assignment Header menu, select Delete [Assignment Name].
- If the assignment will not delete, go to Setup.
- Choose the Category of the Assignment.
- Select the Edit icon next to the desired assigment.
- Uncheck the Display on Gradebook box.
- Select Save.
- Recheck the Display on Gradebook box.
- Save the assignment again and return to the gradebook.
You may find that the scores of your assignment appear on the gradebook again. Remove the scores and attempt to delete the assignment again.